Monday, August 17, 2009

Thing 21

I have quite a few Podcasts on my web. I love Nancy Keane and I download podcast for my webpage. The kids love them. I have gone to Nancy Keane’s website and used many of her Podcasts for my students. We have done Podcasts with the student after they listen to hers or mine to understand more clearly what they need to know and how to organize their thoughts. They have to have a script and try several times before they get their nerves under control. The most successful we have been is with students with podcast publishing is our poetry where it is their voice and they come alive because they have performed that piece so many times and have written and rewritten it. In fact they not only podcast they make cds and a book so that everyone in the audience at their performance gets one. We have audacity on all our computers and have microphones readily available for use. I can see how a teacher could use a podcast as a tool for review, make up lessons, and enhance note taking that could it would be very beneficial to the students.
I like University of Washington and how they made a podcast to help make a library search for the students easy giving them full control of their learning. I think I will try a podcast of the catalogue and see how useful it is with the students. Our students always struggle over how to find something and then put holds on it. That would be a quick simple way.
I thought the quality of the ones I listened to was good to great. I think men’s voices carry better or the ones I listened to seemed to, but women seemed to put a little more excitement into the voice which made it more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment