Monday, August 17, 2009

Thing 23

Thing 23
Reflection! RAH RAH!! I didn't think I'd get to this spot sometimes.
I have loved being apart of NT23! I have learned new things that I didn't even know existed. I really think our teachers are ready for some of the 23 Things! I plan to introduce them and one way to get teachers to learn these new applications on my campus would be to start by making the initial introduction to the program very enticing as well as fun. Food never hurts and I need to get some really good stuff the first few times (keep them coming back) then offer the sessions monthly after they have practiced with what they learned. I really like how NT23 tings was set up so if I make a page on my website much like you did for the things they need to do and they can work at their own pace or come to sessions monthly, if they work ahead when they have a question would be optimal. I really think that those who participate in learning to use technology would feel more confident and use it to their benefit. I think Google docs is something teachers would really benefit from using.

Favorite Thing: Google Docs. I like that it doesn’t ask us to learn new and different things just to use but use what is already familiar. The sharing is a great way to have a meeting without a meeting place. I do think I will use this a lot now that I have played around with it. I am going to play a lot more before I start calling a meeting. I like Google Reader and the ability to stay in touch with what I want to. I am sharing Google docs with the teachers I think for the first training so they can see the benefits and the sharing capabilities. I like Google Reader and the ability to stay in touch with what I want to. I am sharing Google docs with the teachers I think for the first training so they can see the benefits and the sharing capabilities. I loved the Flickr mashups and the Image Generators that was fun and the end result was fun to look at. I know I am going to those sites to excite our students here at Austin.

Least Favorite Thing: Maybe I have a couple of least favorites, I guess the social networking with the massive search capabilities, Thye had so much information and it seemed almost overwhelming. Many parts of it were good, it was on the edge for me. I think if Digg could clean up their page a little more and simplify it, I enjoyed reading things that are not published by main stream media, but there was a lot in one place and quite confusing. I like the The Libworm and think it will be useful when I really need to find information as well as Librarything, they are huge website with useful things for use to use.

I goofed up a couple of times when I thought I had posted something and it did not show up so I doubled up on two posts at a time. I don’t know what I did wrong except maybe not to hit the post button after I had put them into the post. I hope this will be okay I paniced at first but did the only thing I could think of that would keep them in order is go to edit and post two together and learned to always check a psot before going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment