Monday, August 17, 2009

Thing 22

Thing 22
As an older librarian I always feel like computer is not my first line of thought and so immediately think I won’t be able to do something my younger counterpart does as well with computers. I am very thankful for the opportunity to participate in this challenge to complete the 23 Things. It offered me the opportunity to learn many new things, but not only learn them but have the back-up of help if I needed it. It stretches the comfort zone a little , but it really surprised me that I had done many of the things being presented so maybe I’m not as far behind the learning curve as I think. Irving ISD is a great place to work and learn new things with the computer. It is a mandate almost. We need to keep up in the 21st century. We do need to keep up with the very things our patrons already know so we can communicate effectively. I plan to introduce Things to my staff, maybe not 23 things but in a similar way you had use do the Things, What a great resource you have given us. We don’t have to look them up at all we just have to follow what you’ve given and then teach them or use them at our convenience. I will put aobut about 15 of the things on my webpage that I think are most import to enhance their teaching and make them see that the computer can work for them. Our students are already using these Web 2.0 tools so it is very important that we as librarians become proficient in using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment