Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thing 8

Thing 8
I have had a Facebook account for about 2 or more years and love to keep in touch with friends and show off my beautiful grandkids. A few friends and I made a bet about who could publish more grandkid pictures this summer. Summer is not over so I might win. I think sharing pictures is a great thing, especially sincewe never have our grandkids with and we love to show them off.
I do think the more use of computers for communication takes the personal levels out. Probably Facebook would have more personal level because of you being more transparent there. I think phone and face-to-face is obvious the most personal, but after a busy day it is fun to sit down and chat with friends and family. I really enjoy keeping up with friends and family who live a distance away. My twin lives in WA and with the time zone difference it is great a great way to communicate without that constraint. I like that you can keep it private if you want to.
It really is for the current generation and they are surly 80% of the users but I think us grandmothers are catching up! I am sorry that it is block at school because I think teachers could find some great uses for it, but I can surly understand it because students would much rather be on Facebook than face to face instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment